Bad Love (Cruel Love): Episode 1-3

Frankly, I only seen Kwon Sang Woo in ‘My Tutor Friend’ and he will always be for me the bad boy with the soft heart and he seems to be the same here so hence the appeal of this drama. Lee Yo Won will ever be Bong Dal Hee in my mind. I thought it was a rather unusual partnership. Then there was the famous elevator scene that took some 10 hours to film. Wow! It took that long to get it right? I was keen to look at it because I thought Lee Yo Won was the woman in the evelator scene. I thought what breakthrough for Lee Yo Won.

Okay, the drama unfolds how Kang Yong Gi (Kwon Sang Woo) and Na In Jung (Lee Yo Won) had their respective first love and how badly betrayed they were from the experience. Yong Gi and his girlfriend Kim Joanne did not get his father’s approval because Joanne’s mother was formerly a high class call girl so deemed unsuitable as a potential daughter-in-law even though Yong Gi is an illegitimate son from an affair his father had. Kindly note that his mother’s name was In Jung too. Yong Gi left for the States to be with Joanne.

The President’s principle wife has only one daughter and hence had to accept Yong Gi because of her failure to produce a son for the President. Even though it is scientifically proven that the men determined the sex of the child but it does not help when the wife keep having female offsprings while the woman outside managed to conceive the desired son.

Therefore the only hope the Wife can placed her hopes is to get a brilliant son-in-law who have the right family connection but not the money. Lee Soo Hwan (Kim Seong Soo) married the Princess and pretty much living under pressure from his uncontrollable wife and an ambitious mother-in-law.

So when he met the innocent Na In Jung one day, she was just the breath of fresh air in his stifled life. I guess he took a chance for his own happiness. Na In Jung herself was willing to bear the sin of having an affair with a married man. He was going to make it if it wasn’t his mother-in-law threaten his mother’s imprisonment for disclosing closed information. So he denied poor Na In Jung who found herself pregnant and disgraced. Furthermore, before this the mad wife cut In Jung’s wrist which disable her from ever playing the cello again and she missed her opportunity for a music career in Paris.

Mad Wife does not stopped there and when she found out that In Jung is pregnant with Soo Hwan’s child, she made a huge scene that resulted in In Jung losing the child and in the same night her parents got into an accident which resulted her mother passing away and her father requiring full nursing care.

Five years later, I really do not understand why Joanne took her own life and wanted Yong Gi to be the first to find her. I think insanity runs through her. Anyway, he brought home her ashes and he bought an old school in some island. That same school was what In Jung had paid an earlier deposit for so she is able to lie there with her father. However, the agent conned her out of her deposit when Yong Gi paid in full for it.

In Jung went to ask Yong Gi to foot out the deposit she had paid earlier. Yong Gi just asked her to report it to the police. He had a changed of heart when he saw her with her father and realised that he wanted to help her by getting her to cook for the construction workers and helping him clean house too. This is the start of their petty arguments which I found it quite amusing to watch. Kindly note that Yong Gi commented In Jung is flat chested and there is basically nothing to look. I believe he later mentioned that Joanne was uite well endowed.

Of course earlier they had two or three chance meetings 5 years ago and both of them recalled those incidents. Yong Gi was surprised to see how much changes happened in In Jung’s life.

I would think that for our main couple, it is a time to let go of the past and embraced a new love. In Yong Gi, In Jung will find a man who will never leave her and with Yong Gi, being with In Jung means his nightmares have stopped. What is in store for our couple will not be an easy journey because Yong Gi is related to Soo Hwan and she is extremely fearful of his mad wife. I can hope they managed to stay strong to endure what may come. It is not going to be easy.

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

, , , ,

12 Responses to Bad Love (Cruel Love): Episode 1-3

1. yms18 January 17, 2008 at 8:34 pm #

i actully saw this drama clip just little bit mysoju i didn’t like it at all

2. yms18 January 17, 2008 at 8:52 pm #

its bit comfussing for me

3. Jackie January 17, 2008 at 9:06 pm #

I guess it is quite fast paced in the begining to put down all events to lead up to where our couple is at now but I just loved the petty arguments they were having. It is just that their first love is so serious and heartbreaking that when they get the second chance they had so many comical scenes together. I enjoyed that.

Maybe it is slightly more adult, that is why this ajumma is enjoying it. He! He!. Kwon Sang Woo has quite a good body and I should enjoy the view since I am sure he has put a lot of work into it.

Then there is Lee Soo Hwan who I am sure loved In Jung but sacrified her for his ambition (he is the young Mr Kim. He! He!) and when he did not get it which is his father-in-law’s company, he wants In Jung back.

Later you will see how he schemed to get the company and In Jung back from Yong Gi who inherited his father’s company and holding In Jung’s heart too.

I guess I am watching it for Kwon Sang Woo. You know he is very good in making all his eyes all teary in an instant. I like watching that.

4. Moriz February 19, 2008 at 4:26 pm #

I am from Pakistan and living in California and I love this Darama Cruel Love.
    Specially Yi Yo-won she’s so innocent and know to how to act.
    Thanks KBS to show this great DRAMA.

5. lola March 11, 2008 at 6:20 am #

it seems that korean films trademark is most of the time revolving in a family affair and business or big company….that is why i like watching korean films..i am a filipina and thanks a lot for pirated film bcoz we are able to see these beautiful films..more power and please share us some latest news of my favorite actors like gong yoo and kwon sang won

6. Orchid March 18, 2008 at 11:53 am #

@jackie “Quite a good body” is an understatement. He has a great body. ;-)

7. Jackie March 18, 2008 at 7:57 pm #

Good news! It has been announced that Kwon Sang Woo and Go Hyun Jung (Foxy Lady, HIT) will be starring in SBS “Daemul”

Go Hyun Jung plays the first ever Korean female President, Seo Hye-Lim who rose to prominence after ditching a career as a public prosecutor. This is after she arrested a mogul who masterminds organized crime in political circles. She helped the underprivileged as a human rights lawyer which she earned a reputation for caring for the people. The story unfolds upon a backdrop of “love and hate”, political intrigues and feuding.

Kwon Sang Woo is cast as the man who struggled to train his woman to be the President. (Professor Higgins?)

The creatives behind the series is director Kim Hyung Shik (Surgeon Bong Dal Hee) and writer Yoo Dong Yoon (The King & I). The original mahwa by Park In Kwon (War of Money) beared an “adult only” restriction and centers on the “love and ambition” that unfolds when a male escort seduces the female President. I think we can rest assured that it will be generally toned down in the drama.

The prduction team will be using scenes from the recent Presidential inauguration ceremony and with locations in Japan.

Go Hyun Jung is paired yet again with a younger man and for the third time as there is a 5 years age gap between Kwon Sang Woo and her.

So Orchid, isn’t it exciting that we are able to see “THE GREAT BODY” again so soon after Bad Love. I am looking forward to this drama which will follow after “On Air” ends.

8. Sonam May 17, 2008 at 5:15 pm #

The first few episodes started promisingly but then it became a train wreck. It should have been called Bad Drama. The cast was so good but ,,,no use if the script is bad. Also they made the main actress look so bad after the first few episodes. She’s so nice looking- tall and all and looked really nice as the cello player but later she had this fat heavy bangs and she looked really tired and puffy.

9. loulou July 25, 2008 at 11:00 am #

I love it

10. Gerley Elnar August 15, 2009 at 10:04 am #

i watch your movie and i love it .and i watch it again and again.

11. armie joy escolano August 15, 2009 at 10:11 am #

Hellow… Lee Yo Won, I love Ur movie Cruel Love so much..! And I Hope Someday we can meet in personal, a by the way im armie joy escolano of philippines.you know you have a lot of fans here in philippines so tell every celebrity there in korea to go here.thank you!

12. ieyra December 6, 2012 at 3:29 am #